National Quality Standards 7
- To ensure the service is able to provide transparent information and process on the fees charged and due for payment.
- To ensure the financial viability of the service.
A Waitlist Fee is payable upon submission of the Waiting List form. This fee is non-refundable and covers the administrative requirements of maintaining the Wait List.
New Enrolment – Bond Payment
- A Bond payment, equal to two weeks’ fees, is due for payment once a family accepts a place at the service. Parents will be issued with a receipt for this payment.
- In the event you do not to continue with the enrolment and your child does not commence with Little Learning School®, this Bond is non-refundable.
- This Bond payment is held in a separate Bond account until the child leaves the service, and all outstanding fees have been paid.
- The amount of the bond will be adjusted should the fee level change, or if the care requirements change. This will be communicated to you via your centre.
- Where determined appropriate, under special circumstances, alternative arrangements will be made for Bond payments.
Refund of Bond Payment
- The Bond Payment will be refunded to the nominated bank account, once the CCB and CCR has been reconciled. Any remaining balance will be refunded.
- Bond payments can take four to six weeks to process due to Centrelink finalising your benefits.
- On initial enrolment, your first payment will always be the current week plus two weeks in advance (being three weeks) to ensure that you are always two weeks in advance.
- All fees are to be maintained at two weeks in advance and to be paid on a weekly basis. Parents are to sign a contract on the enrolment form agreeing that fees will be paid weekly and will remain two weeks in advance.
- Fees are required to be paid for all days of enrolment, including when the child may be absent due to illness or family holiday.
- Fees are not charged for Public Holidays.
- Families are required to complete an Ezi-Debit form prior to enrolment. This is the only method of payment that the service can accept.
- Information for families on the Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate is available in the parent information pack, Centre Policies as well as at mychild.com.au.
- At least 14 days notification will be given for any changes in fees or the Fee Policy.
- Families are encouraged to speak with the Centre Director if they are experiencing difficulty in paying their fees. Where appropriate the Centre Director can establish a payment plan.
- Should a family fall behind on their account, a courtesy phone call will be made and a reminder letter will be issued. Payment is then required within 7 days of the date of the letter.
- Where payment has not been received within 7 days, a cancellation letter is sent.
- Where no payment has been received, the family’s care will be cancelled. The Bond will be used towards any balance on the account and any outstanding debt will be recovered through the debt recovery process. The family will be liable for all court costs to recover the unpaid debt.
- Re-enrolment of families with outstanding debt, or prior history of debt will be at the discretion of the Area Manager.
- If there are insufficient funds, or incorrect account details provided via Ezi-Debit the transaction will dishonour.
- Accounts which dishonour will be charged a $15 fee.
Changes to Accounts
- Accounts are closed each week at 12pm on Friday.
- Changes after that time will be reflected in the following week’s statements.
- Four weeks written notice is required when a child intends to leave the Centre and cancel care during the months of February through November (see Notification of Withdrawal During December and January, below). Families are required to complete the Change in Days/Termination form when providing notice.
- Where a family provides such notice and attends the service for each remaining session, the CCB will still apply to this notice period.
- Pursuant to Family Assistance Office (FAO) Laws and regulations, in the event that a family provides notice and does not attend the remaining sessions of care during the notification period, the CCB or CCR does not apply. Parents will be required to pay full fees for this period.
Notification of Withdrawal During December and January
- In order to maintain appropriate levels of staff in our centres over the holiday period, we ask that parents advise us of any changes to care or cancellation of care by 31 October. We do provide additional activities and incursions over this special time and need to budget accordingly.
- For the months of December and January, we are unable to accept changes to enrolled days or cancellations. Please consider this when planning your child’s transition to school.
- Where a family has a confirmed booking for December and/or January and a change or cancellation is made, your standard fees will continue to apply. We are unable to offer refunds if the appropriate notice is not provided.
- No refunds will be given should a family decide to leave the Centre early, take a holiday, or access other services, such as Vacation Care prior to their child starting school.
- Parents are reminded of the need to attend care on the child’s last day to ensure eligibility to CCB and CCR.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this applies to families who are ceasing care or reducing days. As with any time of the year, if you have chosen to cease care or reduce days, we are unable to hold your place, should you decide to resume in the New Year.
Change of days/Bookings
- Where families wish to increase or decrease days of attendance they need to complete a Change of Days/Termination form.
- Four weeks notice is required to reduce days.
- Additional days will be made available as soon as a vacancy arises.
- Where this change of days is for a period of greater than 3 months, the bond will be increased or decreased accordingly.
- The Service will review the Fee Policy and related documents every year in line with CPI, changes in Government policy or as new information arises.
- We aim for our Fee Policy to be as transparent and family friendly as possible. Families are encouraged to collaborate with the Service to review the Policies and Procedures.
Policy Source Acknowledgments
- Consultation with Management, Educators, Staff and Families
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Children (Education and Care Services National Law Application) Act 2010 No. 104
- Guide to the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
- Family Assistance Office
A Note From Little Learning School Management
Thank you for being part of our Little Learning School Family. Please do not hesitate to speak with your Centre Director if you are experiencing difficulty in paying your fees. Where appropriate our Centre Director can establish a payment plan to suit your individual circumstances.
See our Fee Policy Updates Explained here